Re: [X Problem] Windows lacking "chrome" after recent upgrade

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         look into ~/.xsession-errors if you use xdm, or, if you  use
>  startx, look for errors in the log file (assuming you start startx
>  like startx >& //tmp/startx.log).
>
>         Sounds like your window manager is dying. I got that when I
>  messed up the configuration for fvwm2 once.

Eureka!  Figured out what the problem was.  /etc/X11/Xsession was missing.
I located a slightly old version and managed to fix the problem.

BTW, I was last messing around with kde that I compiled and that could be
the reason for the < expletive deleted >-up.

Thanks.

S.
--
"The human race never solves any of its problems.  It merely outlives
                    them." -- David Gerrold