Re: Default FTP installation

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Ossama Othman wrote:

:
: > upload/download to directories that they have access to and 2) anonymous
: > ftp download from /home/ftp is enabled but no world writeable upload
: > directory is created.
:
: #2 assumes that anonymous ftp directories are setup, doesn't it?  I
: believe that the default FTP daemon installation does not set up anonymous
: FTP directories, nor does it setup an anonymous FTP account.  However, the
: wu-ftpd package(s) do setup anonymous FTP for the user upon installation.

I believe this is correct, although wu-ftpd (or wu-ftpd-academ) prompt
you on whether anon-ftp should be configured.

: For example, I never installed wu-ftpd and I don't have any anonymous ftp
: directories by default on my hamm installation.

Nor do I on my servers which have the base ftp.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104