Re: installation

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Peter Luongo wrote:

: i am trying to install Debian 1.3 and am not getting very far.  instead
: of loading and decompressing linux first, the rescue disk is trying to
: load root.bin, and failing each time.  it then just tells me that the
: boot failed and to insert a new disk.  I thought it might just be a
: problem involving the reading of the floppy, but I have tried to boot
: with four different disks, with the same result each time.  any
: suggestions would be appreciated.
: -pete
: pjluongo@princeton.edu

Tell us about your PC.  How much memory do you have?  If less than 8 MB,
iirc, you may need to lowmem boot disks.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104