Re: Default FTP installation

I believe that by default,1) Any user with an account on the system can
upload/download to directories that they have access to and 2) anonymous
ftp download from /home/ftp is enabled but no world writeable upload
directory is created.

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Carroll Kong wrote:

> 	Ok... this is "trolling" since I do not have Debian 2.0, but Debian 1.3.
> However, I would guess they would have it enabled by default.  If not, check
> /etc/inetd.conf and check for the 'ftp' daemon and see if it is enabled through
> there.  That is where the ftpd is usually started up.
>

> Carroll Kong
>
> On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Will Smith wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >     Could anyone clarify whether or not the FTP daemon is configured and
> > enabled automatically upon a default installation of Debian (<2.0)? Thanks
> > for your reply.
> > --
> > Will Smith
> > wsmith@ups.edu
> >

> > --

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org