how to mount /usr (problem with config files)

Hi all,

I have two machines, one with enough disk place to install everything I
need, the other not having enough place.
So on the first computer I installed  a complete stable system with
everything I need. I would like now to install the second computer.
The idea was to install a minimum system, and then to mount the /usr
partition from the first machine. But doing
so brings problems with configuration files which are located in /etc or
/var, and with some X fonts and things like that.

How can I do it ?

Isabelle Perinelle
isabelle@esip.fdn.fr