Re: kernel-headers-2.0.32 vs. kernel-headers-2.0.33

On 12 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Nothing but libc6-dev is supposed to set symlinks in
>  /usr/include; certainly the kernel packages should not.

YES they SHOULD!  If the /usr/include symlinks are pointed to
/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.0.29 and you install kernel-source-2.0.32 you
MUST change those symlinks to point to /usr/src/linux-2.0.32/include/...

Otherwise you are going to need a different libc6-dev package for every
single kernel-source and kernel-headers package so the links can be
adjusted properly. If you look in the linux kernel source tree, this is
one of the FIRST things you are told to do.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org