Re: RAID installation in hamm?

>> On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> >
>> >  Or install normally, then create the md-partition, boot from rescue-disk, mount /,
>> >  copy dir xyz xyz.bak, copy the contents to md-partition, edit fstab etc to mount
>> >  the md-partition as xyz and boot.
>>
>> Yes, I think It will be by far easier, also because I suposse that I'll
>> have to build a raid0 capable kernel

>> >  Which scripts? /etc/init.d/raid ?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> I have unpacked hamm raidtools to look /etc/init.d/raid and I have yet
>> another question:
>>
>> Local filesystems are mounted in /etc/init.d/boot
>> so I have to suposse that /etc/init.d/raid is called from it before
>> mounting local filesystems, isn't it?
>>
>> In a bo installation is:
>>
>> # Mount local file systems in /etc/fstab.
>> #
>> [ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && echo "Mounting local file systems ..."
>> mount -avt nonfs,noproc
>>
>> so a check to look for /etc/init.d/raid is made before and then if the
>> script exist (and is executable) is called, isn't it?

 The mountall.sh script is in my hamm system called from /etc/rcS.d/
 with priority 35, so I've made raid to start with 25 because it has to be
 started before. Take a look at the README in that directory and chapter
 3.4 in the Policy Manual for more info.

 Also please note, that my system is not necessarily 100% 'kosher', as I
 have not (yet) taken the time to read that chapter in manual :)

	--j