Re: kernel-headers-2.0.32 vs. kernel-headers-2.0.33

On 12 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	kernel-source-<version> may not supply the same headers as
>  kernel-headers-<version>, especially on non intel hardware. There
>  fore the dependency in libc6-dev is correct.
>
> 	manoj

The problems I saw were in installing a kernel-source package when you had
a header package and the symlinks in /usr/include are left pointing at the
kernel-header directory. This is not very nice when you have 2.0.29 kernel
headers and then install 2.0.32 kernel source.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org