Re: RAID installation in hamm?

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Jaakko Niemi wrote:

[...]
> >> I suposse that I'll have to setup manually (including installation of
> >> raidtools) the raid partitions in the installation shell (console Alt+F2),
> >> isn't it?
>
>  Or install normally, then create the md-partition, boot from rescue-disk, mount /,
>  copy dir xyz xyz.bak, copy the contents to md-partition, edit fstab etc to mount
>  the md-partition as xyz and boot.

Yes, I think It will be by far easier, also because I suposse that I'll
have to build a raid0 capable kernel

> >> Also I'm not sure where to put the scripts that launch mdadd/mdrun/mdstop
> >> programs.
>
>  Which scripts? /etc/init.d/raid ?

Yes

I have unpacked hamm raidtools to look /etc/init.d/raid and I have yet
another question:

Local filesystems are mounted in /etc/init.d/boot
so I have to suposse that /etc/init.d/raid is called from it before
mounting local filesystems, isn't it?

In a bo installation is:

# Mount local file systems in /etc/fstab.
#
[ "$VERBOSE" != no ] && echo "Mounting local file systems ..."
mount -avt nonfs,noproc

so a check to look for /etc/init.d/raid is made before and then if the
script exist (and is executable) is called, isn't it?

Thanks for your info, I think this info should be in the install.txt
(Any developper looking here? should be posted to somewhere?)

	Regards,

			Ulisses
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso