Re: [OFF TOPIC] Linus Torvalds, the man of the century

Þann 11-Apr-98 skrifar Marcus Brinkmann:

[snip]
> I consider such voting as meaningless, unimportant and irrational. If it can
> serve to push Linux forward, it has at least one good effect.

  You say that you don't take this seriously, but non the less you expect
to gain something by your scheme... that sounds serious enough to me.

  We have to take some responsibility for the world we live in.  It may
not be to our liking, but we live in it...

  The people in this world have about as much intelligence, generally, as
a rat.  They take drugs, walk around thinking they have an IQ of 180,
laughing at a cat walking on the side walk... because they hallucinate
and think the cat is pink. Downstairs I have a pair that live their days in
drug-dreams, and wake up twice a day to moan and groan and bang the walls in...
even the kids in the neighbourhood are starting to immitate the groans.  I've
been so *fortunate* to have my person publicly humiliated, and have to live
my existance bypassing some moron, who just *has* to make some anal jokes
about it.  *That* is the general main stream intellect...

  So, this may seem irrational to you... but do you think, even for a single
second, that someone who hallucinates about the cat... lives in acid dreams,
bangs the walls in with the kids watching, or people who even publicly show
a character of less value... do you think for a second, that they have even the
slightest ability to take this rationally?

  Everything and every vote you make has a side effect.