Re: X configuration problem

> For answering this question we need to know what mail agent that you
> are using and how it is configured.  Are you configured to use your
> ISP's SMTP server and their POP3 server correctly.

smail and fetchmail,also,it's my ISP sysadmin itself who configured my
.fetchamailrc file.

> Also I'm happy that you are in the process of getting a new box that
> will meet your requirements.  Once you have the box set up, I use
> the Netscape mailer for both fetching and sending mail from my ISP.

netscape look cumbersome enough with my resolution that i'm not
particularly inclined to let it do duties as my mailer but thing may
change when i get that new computer (i once did a lot of configuration
messing in the loze95 world with netscape).

> In  the options dialog window there are configuration options for
> your ISP's server addresses and you can customize where you want to
> receive your mail.  This is really a neat option.

ok,nice option to know !!

> On your new computer you will find that now most low end machines
> come with 2 megs of video ram that will allow you to run 16 bit
> mode at 1024x768.  Tiger has a networking box for $480 that looks
> like an excellent low end machine.
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/tiger_systems/tiger_workstations_1.htm
>
> This happens to be the next system that I am adding to my own net.

could you give me some feedback on this computer,also,does it's buildable
or it come pre-built ??

> Of course the broken dose of windoz/mslost will be replaced by the
> truly great penguin :-)  We really are looking for world domination
> over the broken systems of the world.

well,i think i need this system,i get a look now !!

> Enough fun, my mind just went on vacation.  But this system comes
> complete with ethernet card and appears to be ready for primme time.
>
> Have a happy Easter

i got my Easter blast yesterday !!!

thanks a lot for your help.

Alain