Re: X configuration problem

Alain Toussaint wrote:

> no,i dont think this would be useable at such low res,i'm allready in the
> process of buying a new computer (in fact,i'll build it from piece) and
> maybe this one will serve only for text usage,another thing,does anyone
> here know if netscape 3.01 would work at 16 color,i tried but it
> complained ???

netscape optimal operation is for 256 color or higher.

> Alain
>
> also,i'm having problem mailing with pine,my PPP is up but then,pine give
> me this error message when i try to send mail:
> [Error sending: 421 SMTP connection went away!]
> anyone having a clue as what this message is ???

For answering this question we need to know what mail agent that you
are using and how it is configured.  Are you configured to use your
ISP's SMTP server and their POP3 server correctly.

Also I'm happy that you are in the process of getting a new box that
will meet your requirements.  Once you have the box set up, I use
the Netscape mailer for both fetching and sending mail from my ISP.

In  the options dialog window there are configuration options for
your ISP's server addresses and you can customize where you want to
receive your mail.  This is really a neat option.

On your new computer you will find that now most low end machines
come with 2 megs of video ram that will allow you to run 16 bit
mode at 1024x768.  Tiger has a networking box for $480 that looks
like an excellent low end machine.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/tiger_systems/tiger_workstations_1.htm

This happens to be the next system that I am adding to my own net.

Of course the broken dose of windoz/mslost will be replaced by the
truly great penguin :-)  We really are looking for world domination
over the broken systems of the world.

Enough fun, my mind just went on vacation.  But this system comes
complete with ethernet card and appears to be ready for primme time.

Have a happy Easter

LeRoy
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037