Re: [OFF TOPIC] Linus Torvalds, the man of the century

> >    Total Percent
> >    richard rogers 636494 7.42
> >    henry ford 555916 6.48
> >    douglas macarthur 474770 5.53
> >    bill gates 468605 5.46          <--- We can beat this poor rating!
> >    howard hughes 351237 4.09
> >    vehbi koc 350473 4.08
> >    steve jobs 336439 3.92
> >    murat arslan 205791 2.40
> >
>   Voting for Linus Tolrvalds is not a good idea.  The man is not a Titan,
> in any sense of the word... even less than Bill Gates.

I disagree. Linux may be most important now as a figurehead, but the
visibility of figureheads is important.

>   Making such silly votes, is sure to disrubt the balance and help put
> Bill Gates up on the list, or is *that* your intent? to make your
> favourite maggot "Bill Gates" the Titan of the century? Do you have the
> "hots" for the man?

Gates or Linus?  I don't think much of Gates, but have no problem
admitting that I think Linus and his ilk are pretty terrific.

>   People like Henry Ford, and Douglas McArthur are far greater Titans,
> who are among those candidates people *should* spend their votes on.  Not
> on anal jokes, just because they have the "hots" for'em.

I am not ashamed to admit that I think Linus and the system and philosophy
he has come to represent are extremely important.  Linux is more than a
great OS, it's the largest and most advanced technological achievment of a
group of volunteers in all of history.  Ford was almost a Nazi, and
McArthur, though useful, was hardly an original article.  Personally I
think the world would be a much better place if an advanced math or
science degree was a prerequisite for public service.  Repeal the nativity
claus!  Linus for president!

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."