Re: Hi

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Matej Grasic wrote:

> Hello.
> I wonder if anybody nows which CPU should I chose. I am thinking on PII,
> but I do not have enough mony. I looks like I am going to buy P200 MMX. I
> would like to know how linux handles with MMX. Is there any difference in
> speed. OK. Bye.
>                                                              Matej Grasic

Hi !

I don't think, that any pgm (except the Intel MMX benchmark) makes much use
of MMX. And if you want a powerfull CPU with a good price, buy the AMD K6
with 200/233/266 MHz (it has MMX too ;-).

I have nothing to do with AMD and I'm not selling processors. This is only
my personal opinion.

Bye

Daniel

Daniel Gross                                     eMail: dg@bingo.baynet.de
Hollarstrasse 2                                         dgross@gmx.net
D-85053 Ingolstadt, Germany

How beautiful, how entrancing you are, my loved one, daughter of delights!
You are stately as a palm-tree, and your breasts are the clusters of dates.
I said, "I will climb up into the palm to grasp its fronds."  May I find your
breast like clusters of grapes on the vine, the scent of your breath like
apricots, and your whispers like spiced wine flowing smoothly to welcome my
caresses, gliding down through lips and teeth.
[Song of Solomon 7:6-9 (NEB)]