Re: printing with kernel 2.1.94

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, James Dietrich wrote:

> This one has me stumped:
>
> I have been experimenting with the latest kernels--versions 2.1.92 and
> now 2.1.94.  However, I have had difficulties configuring my soundcard
> and parallel printer to work with the new kernels.  After reading the

OK.  I might be able to help you with the printer problem.  For some
STRANGE reason, it seems that the lp device numbers changed between the
kernel versions!  For example, under 2.0.33 my printer device was
/dev/lp1, but when I started using the 2.1.9x kernels, I had to go through
my /etc/printcap and change all /dev/lp1 entries into /dev/lp0 !!

Don't ask me why it changed...