Re: Linux On NPR

Bob Nielsen writes:
>> > It sounds like rvplayer didn't get installed as a plugin for you.
>>
>> Should I report this as a bug to debian developers?

> One thought--did you install netscape with the debian installer?

Yes.

> If not,
> the files may not go where they will be expected.

All the other plug-ins work out-of-the-box. I was impressed the first
time I clicked on a pdf...

> Did you install netscape before installing rvplayer?

Yes, but, AFAIK, dpkg takes care of that and "upgrades" your plug-ins
list whenever you install a new program or something... Am I mistaken?

> Which version of Debian are you using?  I'm using hamm and it all worked
> for me.

Mine is hamm (frozen)... almost everything is very up-to-date!

> Previously I had it working with bo, however.  rvplayer does NOT work with
> the mozilla 5.0 beta version of netscape by the way.

netscape 4.04.

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com