Re: Linux On NPR

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

> Bob Nielsen writes:
>
> > On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:
> >> Bob Nielsen writes:
> >>
> >> I did and all the binary garbage appeared in the netscape screen. No
> >> real player...
>
> > It sounds like rvplayer didn't get installed as a plugin for you.
>
> Should I report this as a bug to debian developers?

One thought--did you install netscape with the debian installer?  If not,
the files may not go where they will be expected.  Did you install
netscape before installing rvplayer?

Which version of Debian are you using?  I'm using hamm and it all worked
for me.

Previously I had it working with bo, however.  rvplayer does NOT work with
the mozilla 5.0 beta version of netscape by the way.

> > You can probably set it up manually be editing preferences in netscape.
>
> Won't the manual confs be erased the next time debian changes the
> plug-ins?

I'm not sure about that.

Bob

----