Re: new

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Mike wrote:

> Hope I got the right e-mail address, Just heard about Linux and was
wanting to try it out but do not know where to get it.

> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike,

please set your Netscape mailer to send only text.  Many of these guys
will just grab the delete key if you send html, which is Netscape's
default. In fact I am guilty of that as well.

Linux is free, the easiest way is buy a $3 CD from www.cheapbytes.com or
to download the 6 boot disks from www.debian.org, or sunsite.unc.edu,
and install from the net -- IF you ahve a fast net connection. If not,
then a CD is likey best.

You have to do a bit of searching on sunsite, but debian.org cd to 'bo'
aka 'stable' is fairly straightforwd. I just connected to www.debian.org
to look. Prowl around.  Read.  Then click at "Getting Debian ..."

The distribution is not small, and you will need to decide what you
need. If you can run Windows 95 you can run Debian quite satisfactorily.
But you will need to repartition you disk....

Lots of luck.

--David

       LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia
clipper National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta
Force bomb Iran Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine
ammonium nitrate fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit destabilize