Re: booting from dos

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 04:30:19PM +0100, Joop wrote:
> > Hie,
> > At work, I've got a HP venturis FX2 with 1.2 Go hard disk with windows
       3.11 and
> >  connected to a novel (HP3000) network.
> >
> > I am not allowed to partition or reformat the harddisk but I
> > would like to run linux on it. Is it possible to do ? How ?
> >

> There are a couple of distributions that
> run from dos. You only have to keep them
> in a certain directory.
>
> Check out sunsite. Should not be hard to find..
>
> > Thanks
> > Franck
> >

> Joop
>
> pa3aba@debian.org

I don't think this one is on Sunsite anymore, but it is fresh and good:
ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/tux/robotti/doslinux

Doslinux is a Slackware variant and it installs and runs on your messydos
partition, only taking space that windoze bloatware will want.  For a
beginner is is pretty cool.  For the long haul though, you will want to
get a disk that you can partition and use Debian!

HTH...
--
dwiebold@etnsed.aus.etn.com . . . . . . This computer runs Debian Linux!

Where will it all end?  Probably somewhere near where it all began.