SOLVED! Re: Outgoing Message Error

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 10:13:53AM +0700, Michael Acklin wrote:
> > |------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
> >  no valid recipients were found for this message
> > |------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
> >  :include:/var/log/majordomo/lists/crew702 ... failed: unknown user
>                  ^^^
> log?
>
> > 	I have checked the aliases file and it shows:
> >
> > crew702:        "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -l crew702 crew702-list"
> > crew702-list:   :include:/var/doc/majordomo/lists/crew702

> doc?
>
> As far as I'm aware, both those should be /var/lib/majordomo/lists/crew702.

Thanks AJ,

	That was one problem I found, like you said, the directories were
all messed up. I have put all files in the /var/lib/majordomo/lists now.
When I did that the crew702 still did not work, so I switched to sendmail
from smail. Believe it or not, I got sendmail working first time. Amazing!
Anyway crew702 still didn't work as I was getting the same messages that
the file could not be found.

	So, went back to the drawring board and did exactly as the
NEWLIST info file said and set up a list called "test". It worked fine
with no problems at all. So tried adding another list called "phoenix" and
it worked also. But crew702 still would not work.

	My conclusion is that majordomo or MTA programs don't like lists
with numbers at the end. That is not what the NEWLIST doc says. But I did
get it working now and just have to use the "Phoenix" list name. No big
deal.

	Thanks for your reply and help.

Mike

Mike Acklin     ---------> htuttle@samson.ml.org (Home)
                ---------> l128620@lmtas.lmco.com (Work)
PGP Key Available on Key Servers: KEY ID 8713D5B1
Fingerprint: 61 75 71 BE 0E E2 9A F2  47 88 DB 33 38 D0 61 06