Re: Linux On NPR

Oh, I see. I, like Joey, have not found any embedded rpm files that
would trigger the plugin. But it looks like you need to tell netscape
you have an application that will play .ram and .rm and .ra files. Go
to the edit-preferences-advanced-applications line of menus in netscape
and find the RealAudio line to see what is defined for that. If it is
nothing you will need to set it.

the rvplayer has a set of html docs that are accessible from
/usr/doc/rvplayer/index.htm I know that is one of the topics there.

On "Thu, 09 Apr 1998 23:58:59 PDT." "Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" wove
together:
Joey Hess writes:

> Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:
>> This turned my attention to the fact that RealPlayer is not being
>> called as a Netscape plug-in, even though I installed it through the
>> .deb... Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> ii  rvplayer        5.0-1          Real Video Player (installer)

> What site are you trying to use it on? It has to be a site with embedded
> real video content, not just a link. I haven't been able to find such a site
> yet to test it.

I'd suppose that the simple fact that you click on a ".ram" file,
Netscape was supposed to call rvplayer, much the same way that with a
".pdf" it calls Acrobat, and with ".avi" it calls xanim...

Am I missing something?

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com

n.org

+++ End of Original Message +++

--