Re: X configuration problem

> I probably could write you a video mode that runs at low refresh rates with
> 320x200 and no double scan. You could even make me to do it ;)
>
> But serious: You don't want to run X Window with 320x200: The most programs
> will have a window much bigger than your screen. It would be possible using
> the virtual desktop (as you are doing it now (4 times bigger). But then you
> would have to scroll around to find the buttons of the program.
>
> No, I don't think you want this. I really urge you to buy a better graphic
> card. A trio64v2 is pretty cheap, and will give you all modes you need on a
> 15 inch monitor. For a 17 inch monitor, a card with 4 MB is desirable.
>
> Marcus

no,i dont think this would be useable at such low res,i'm allready in the
process of buying a new computer (in fact,i'll build it from piece) and
maybe this one will serve only for text usage,another thing,does anyone
here know if netscape 3.01 would work at 16 color,i tried but it
complained ???

Alain

also,i'm having problem mailing with pine,my PPP is up but then,pine give
me this error message when i try to send mail:
[Error sending: 421 SMTP connection went away!]
anyone having a clue as what this message is ???