Re: sgml authoring

On this topic, sort of...

I'm going to be writing a Masters thesis this year (ie. approx 30k words),
and I'm planning on doing it in Linux (drag myself kicking and screaming
into the Emacs documentation...).

The possibilities I am looking as as to format are the ubiquitous LaTeX, or
the newer contender, SGML. I don't know any of either, so I'm going to have
to learn something from scratch, but I'm wondering if anyone has any
recomendations as to which is easier to learn and use. I do know a little
HTML.

I know that SGML can be converted to LaTex and lots of other stuff, LaTex
to HTML, RTF all that stuff, so either would prolly be alright.

Any comments? Anyone recomend a good starting point to learn one?

Thanks,

damon

========
Damon Muller (damon@lenore.empire.net.au)
Web Page:   www.sub.net.au/~tr      It's not a sense of humor. It's
ICQ UIN:    2920281                 a sense of irony disguised as one.
PGP Key ID: 0x232C09E1                   - Bruce Sterling