Re: smail

Hi,

Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

> (If you want an example exim.conf for a dialup system, I can send you
> mine)

Can you send me the configuration files, please. And some info to set up my e-mail
system.

I have an POP3 account and I aleready configured the ppp. The computer has only an
dial-up connection through the modem. I would like to be able to:
1. write e-mail messages offline (the messages should go to a queue).
2. use a script to connect, get my mail from the remote POP3 server, send all the
messages from the queue and disconect. I have understood from a friend of mine that
there should be a problem with the timming between the time of realising the
connection (pon gives back the controll prety quick and you have to go th plog -f to
see if you've realy got the connection). So the script should also check that the
conection is up. Also it should check that al the messages heve been uploaded from
the queue to the remote server. Is there a way to set fetchmail to leave the messages
on the remote server ?

TIA,

Ionutz