Problem CD-rom

Hi,

I bought Debian 1.3.1 CD-version a few days ago. I have 2 computers:
Pentium2 with CD player and Win98 / WinNT 5.0 on it and a 486 no CD rom /
Win95 on it. What I did was copying the whole CD to the harddisk of the 486
using Win95. Unfortunately thats when the links got lost and Linux now
can't recognize them as links.

Is there a way to copy the files from the cd to the 486 and still keeping
those links ? I can install a base setup so maybe using telnet, ftp in
combination with tar or something ?

I know taking the CD out of the first and installing it in the other is an
other solution, but I'm not to keen on that because of the accessibility of
the computer.

Gabrie