Re: Threading list subjects?

On Wed, Apr 08, 1998 at 10:19:48PM -0700, r3chard@writeme.com wrote:

> > I use Gnus - a powerful, customizable news- and mail-reading part
> > of emacs (and xemacs).  It will thread, score, sort and do just
> > about anything you want to your mail.
>
> Is Gnus able to use the References: line in mail messages to thread?
>
> Before I started getting debian-user as I digest, I mail =>
> newsed the posts to a dummy newsgroup so I could use Cnews to expire
> the messages and Tin to thread them.  Looked something like this in
> TIn:
>
>  0      [  20]  porting Vispro/REXX  OS/2-programms to Wi  Laurie Chan
>  1      [  56]  `->                                        dIon Gillard
>  2      [  10]  porting Vispro/REXX  OS/2-programms to Wi  Heinz M?ller
>  3      [  47]  `->                                        dIon Gillard
>  4      [  37]    +->                                      Heinz M?ller
>
> I still do this with debian-user-digest, splitting the digest and
> adding a dummy Message-ID and some other fields to keep the news
> system happy. But the individual digest posts don't include a
>  3      [  26]  Threading list subjects?                   Marco Anglesio
>  4      [  34]  Threading list subjects?                   Ionut Borcoman
>  5   +  [  11]  Threading list subjects?                   Mike Miller
>
> I wonder if not snipping the References line would be useful to
> anybody else?
>
> rick

It thinks to removed it than to add it... A good thing then.

Fabien Ninoles                                  Running Debian/GNU Linux
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
WorkStation [available when connected!]:     http://nightbird.tzone.org/
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70