Re: Can't get my mouse to work

Hi Dan,
   I had the same problem when I installed Linux 2 months ago. Some people have
been fortunate enough to have their PS/2 mouse work, but I wasn't one of them.
After asking around I found the answer that worked for me. Get the GPM package
if you don't have it already. When you install GPM it'll go through a setup
script. When you setup GPM for your mouse, use the -R option. This puts GPM into
recursive mode. Then, edit your XF86Config file and change the mouse type from
PS/2 Mouse to Mouse Systems and change the location of the device to
/dev/gpmdata. /dev/gpmdata is a file GPM creates and stores the input from the
mouse to. This did the trick for me, so I hope it'll work for you.

Good Luck
Matt Kennedy