Re: tape drive

   I have an exabyte 8mm tape drive.  I have compiled in scsi support,
   and scsi tape drive support into the kernel.  It shows up in dmesg:

     Vendor: EXABYTE   Model: EXB-8200          Rev: 2618
     Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 01

   however, a device is not assigned to the drive.  How do I tell which
   device it is?  I looked at the SCSI HOWTO and it didn't say much

You have tried /dev/st0 and /dev/st1, I take it?  Those would be my
first guesses.