tape drive

I have an exabyte 8mm tape drive.  I have compiled in scsi support,
and scsi tape drive support into the kernel.  It shows up in dmesg:

  Vendor: EXABYTE   Model: EXB-8200          Rev: 2618
  Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 01

however, a device is not assigned to the drive.  How do I tell which
device it is?  I looked at the SCSI HOWTO and it didn't say much
about them except for that exabyte tape drives are supported. I also
tried a few of the defaults without success.

Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Network Administrator   |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875