Sqiud and Socks

Hello !

I'd like to set up inside firewall Netscape communicators to get to the Net.
I set up Squid proxy on port 3128 to cache http and ftp queries and on the same
machine a dual homed socks5 proxy (port 1080) (Debian Linux).
Socks is only for mail/irc purposes (Mail server is out there on the Net). But i
can not configure Netscape to use socks proxy for mail access and squid for
http.

So http/ftp/gopher queries would go only to squid
   mail/irc/etc. to socks proxy!

If I set manually these proxies everything go through the socks, squid get http
queries from socks proxy and there is no info about the machine who requested
the web page. So i can not log the clients' activities!!

When i use the automatic proxy config javascript where

http goes onto squid
ftp goes onto squid
gopher goes onto squid
 any other onto socks

then mail server is inaccessible (from netscape)

Any ideas?

Bye !

James