Re: cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> writes:

> Everytime I send a message to the Debian list, I get the below response
> from postmaster@datalan.fr.  However, in all cases I sent no Cc or message
> to France (fr, right?)  Suggestions?

Most likely, <ozkan@datalan.fr> is subscribed to debian-user, but the
address is now invalid.  cc:Mail is wrongly bouncing the email to the
From: header, rather than the envelope sender of the message.  (Which
is like the postal service opening your letter and throwing away the
envelope before trying to work out where to return it when the address
is wrong.)

You've got a few options, including writing to the sender and
complaining about the brokenness of cc:Mail, and forwarding a copy to
the listmaster address at the bottom of this email to see if they can
unsubscribe the user manually.

"[UNIX] appears to have the inside track on being the replacement for
  CP/M on the largest microcomputers (e.g. those based on 68000...)"