Re: X configuration problem

Yo-

> the problem:
>
> my X desktop is 4 time wider than my available space on the monitor and
> the resolution is not good either.
Run xf86 config again.  When you get to the section that asks if the
following displays resolutions are correct, pick a color depth to change
and change/keep your existing resolutions but when asked if you want a
virtual desktop select "No."

If you don't adjust your color-depths per resolution I believe that the
script defaults to a "Virtual Desktop."

Hope this helps.

-Ian