Re: Problems creating a bootable Debian installation on a Jaz drive (fwd)

In message <Pine.SUN.3.96.980406145303.10604C-100000@seagal.lanl.gov>, Maria
Ri
ghtley writes:

>Hello all --
>
>I have recently been trying to make a bootable Debian installation on a
>Jaz drive.  I did this by using 'cp -a' to transfer files from my scsi
>hard drive to the Jaz drive.  I then changed the Jaz drive version of
>/etc/fstab so that it would mount /dev/sdb1 (the jaz drive) as / and
>commented out the mount lines for the normal scsi hard drive / and
>/home partitions.  I made a boot floppy for this configuration (copied
>vmlinuz to a temporary location, used rdev to set the root device as
>/dev/sdb1 on the temporary copy, then used dd to transfer that copy to
>a floppy).
[snip a ton]

If you get this working, it would be great if someone (potentially you? :)
could write a procedure to do this and possibly add a script to do most of
the work.  That would IMO be a very valuable addition to the Debian
distribution.

Nils.