Any problems w/ psaux & xfree?

Has anyone had any problems with a "psaux" (PS/2 interface)
mouse and Xfree?

I'm using bo, no hamm at all.  I can live with this, but
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.

If I switch *into* an X-tty using, for instance, Alt-F7, and
I move the mouse *right away*, the server will crash.  If I
wait a couple seconds before moving the mouse, it's fine.

The last error X shows (on the tty in which I started it) is
something like "Can't open device psaux."

TIA,

Jesse