Re: hamm state

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Jonas Bofjall wrote:

: How can hamm go into frozen when dselect-over-FTP hasn't been fixed yet?
: When will it be fixed (I recently tried the 98-03-29 disk set)?

It's frozen so those problems can be fixed.  Frozen means "no more
changes other than bugfixes", not "ready for prime time".  That's what
stable means.

Which problem did you have?  The missing perl functions are solved by
the latest disks (I think; I'm going to test this later this week).
There is another problem ... there is no ftp dir created by default in
/var/lib/dpkg/methods, and dpkg gets upset about that.

: Also, selecting keyboard layout (swedish) does not work (says it can't
: find the keymap-file). Sometimes it complains about the user 'root' not
: being found, but it doesn't seem to lead to any trouble. Adding a user
: (after setting root's password) does still not work.

Hmm, never seen this problem with root ... and I don't use other kbd
layouts :/

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104