Static ip address

I have just arranged to get a static ip address from my isp.  Does this
mean I should now reinstall debian as though I were on a network? also
what do I change in my ppp configuration to account for the static
address.  And lastly this isp uses an automatic ppp so there is no login
script ( although oddly I can telnet into a shell.)  I am not not used to
this.  What changes do I need to make to accomodate my new isp service.
Thanks