Re: Novell NDS compatiblity.

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> Well, NDS is based on X.500, right? There's a package from UMICH which does LDAP.
> Maybe that would be one piece of the puzzle. I don't know about fileserving.
>
> Robert Moody wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I know that I can get Linux to emulate a NT server on ther network using
> > Samba but now my million dollar question can it emulate a Novell server
> > with NDS.
> >
> > If there is a package which can support this please coule you point me
> > in the right direction.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> >  Robert Moody Sysop of Programmer's Test BBS.
> >  Running well on Debian ver 1.3 Kernel 2.0.27
> >  http://www.zsd.co.za/~ptest/
> >  e-mail: robert@progtest.alt.za
> >  Page +27 (0)82 3070225 Fax : +27 (0)21 725317
> >
> > --
>

> --
> Jens B. Jorgensen
> jjorgens@bdsinc.com
>

> --

There is a program which provides a near full Novell 3.x
(BINDARY) emulation. It's the "mars" package. I don't know if there is a
debian package available.

I havn't used it but one of my collegues here at work has used it for a
while and his comment is that the print serving and mail distribution
functions work very well, the file serving is a bit inefficient.

Hope that helps.

.sig is not available right now. Leave you name, number and something
inspirational after the dotted line and it will get back to you as soon as
possible.