Re: FTP and Hamm (again)

On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 05:02:25AM +0700, Wiria A Kusuma wrote:
> I got the same error as well...neither have luck with harddisk installation.
> :) install process exits with a status of 1.
>
> Mike Patterson wrote:
> >
> > I've gotten to the point where I have selected files I want to install, but
> > then when I select "install", I get the following message:
> >
> > Can't locate DirHandle.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/
> > 5.004 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/local/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/perl .) at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/File/Path.pm line 101
> >
> > And the install process exits with a status of 2.
> > Any ideas? (using 3-29 set of base/rescue disks)

the rescue disks don't have perl on them for some reason, you have to get it
and install it manually before you can do anything else.  What I did was
download the dpkg-ftp package, try to install it, it will of course complain
about dependancy problems, and fail then just go to the ftp site, and download
and install everything that dpkg-ftp complains about..  Incase you don't
know how to do that, just type dpkg -i name_of_file.deb