Re: Boot hang and debian hamm

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 06:44:10PM +0000, Jeffery D. Collins wrote:
> I have been unable to reboot the kernel. The only text printed
> to the screen is "LI".
> Here is lilo.conf:
>

> $ cat /etc/lilo.conf
> boot=/dev/hda1
> root=/dev/hda1
> compact
> install=/boot/boot.b
> map=/boot/map
> vga=normal
> delay=20
> image=/vmlinuz
> label=Linux
> read-only
try to remove compact and add the option linear

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *