Re: modem

At 02:18 PM 3/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I tried using my modem, but discovered that I have no /dev/modem or
>/dev/cua*.  A look through the kernel config options didn't turn up
>anything obviously related to modems, so I'm a bit confused.
>I'm runing Debian 1.3, and have a Xircom Ethernet+Modem PCMCIA card
>that seems to work under Windows 95.
>  David

David,

	Try setting up everything on the serial port that you are using, ie: COM1
/dev/ttyS0, COM2 /dev/ttyS1, etc. At least that is the way it is on my
system. And one other thing, as long the modem is not a WinModem or one
manufactured for Windows ONLY, you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope this Helps!