Re: fetchmail 4.3.6 vs. m$ exchange

Hi,

The behaviour that you quote below is the same as what I got since
upgrading to fetchmail 4.3.6.

The quick solution, suggested by Arjan de Vet, is to add "proto pop3" to
your .fetchmailrc (or as command line switches.) Apparently, probing
for IMAP capabilities in ms-exchange makes it confuse fetchmail. Perhaps
this gotcha could be added to the ms-exchange section of the fetchmail
FAQ.

Looking at the changelog, I suspect that:
* IMAP code can now deal with untagged responses during CAPABILITY
  (at least one server issues the motd in a bunch of "* OK {ALERT]" lines
is related to the changed behaviour.

Cheers,

Joost