JetDirect printing Re: none

Gregory Guthrie <guthrie@mum.edu> writes:

> 1) How do I setup for control of a remote HP Jet-direct network box, with
> HP-LaserJet printers on it?
>   -- Can I setup the network box to only accept jobs from the spooler?

I don't really know, but I believe you need to create a configuration
file specifying where jobs can come from (and other info), make it
available using TFTP, and let it know where it is with BOOTP or DHCP.

> 2) How can I do printer control; i.e. control adn account for printer
> usage; I would like a quota per usage, and the ability to monitor usage by
> users. Users would spool to the system using LPD protocol from PCs. I
> assume that this requires accounts on the spooler machine?

I've never had to do this; but IMO LPRng would be the right package
for implementing it, as it was developed at least with this in mind.

(Re-reading this reply, I'm thinking maybe I should just keep quiet
about things I know nothing about...  Nah.)

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."