procmail and folders

Thank you to everybody answering my question on procmail and smail. I've
put the files .forward and .procmailrc, modified the USERNAME to my
usernaname (ie cpopescu), but it still does not work. Do I have to create
the files where procmail is supposed to save the incoming messages? Is
there something wrong with permissions?

Without procmail my e-mail works perfectly.

Thank you,

Catalin

Catalin M. Popescu, Dermatologist
str. Marcu M. Ruxandra 6 bloc A3 sc A ap 17
77306---BUCHAREST, ROMANIA 		PGP Pub Key ID DDA1EC5D
Tel/Fax: +40 (1) 726 5703		e-mail: cpopescu@ottonel.pub.ro