Re: procmail and smail

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Catalin Popescu wrote:

> Does anybody have any idea what should I put in my .forward file to get
I havE:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #harpo"

you'll want to change "harpo" to your username.

> I have smail and not sendmail. Is this causing the problem?
No,  I'm using smail.  Here's my .procmailrc;  you'll want to change all
the "harpo"s,  of course.

######### procmailrc file

### Some of this taken from
### the help G. Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu>
### posted on the debian-user list.

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=/home/harpo/mail         # you'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/harpo    # completely optional
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logfile         # recommended

# I use the FROM header because if it comes from the listserver I want it
#   in debian,  and if it's cc'd to me,  I want the cc'd copy in INBOX
### This sends all mail from the debian lists to debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-user
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-user-de
debian

:0:
* ^From.*debian-user-de
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-devel
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-policy
debian

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*debian-private
debian-private

:0:
* ^From.*kde
kde

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*kde
kde

:0:
* ^From.*gnome
gnome

:0:
* ^Resent-From.*gnome
gnome

:0:
* ^From.*fd-dev-request
freedos

### Anything NOT from these will end up in my inbox
#### (/var/spool/mail/harpo)

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |