Re: Dselect

On Sat, Jan 31, 1998 at 10:28:32PM +0100, Your Name wrote:
> Ich bin Anfänger und möchte gerne eine grafische Oberfläche aus der Debian
> Distribution installieren. Aber wenn man mit Dselect arbeitet muß mann
> einen Device Block angeben oder das CDRom Laufwerk lit dem Befehl 'mount'
> montieren. wie geht das mit dem 'mount' wie installiere ich die graphische
> Oberfläche. Für eine Antwort wäre ich Dankbar.

Die Sprache dieser Liste ist englisch.

Translation:
"I am beginner and want to install a graphical desktop from the debian
distribution. But if you work with dselect you have to provide a device
block or to mount the cdrom drive with the mount command. how works it with
mount and how can i install the graphical desktop? Thank you for an answer."

You can mount the cd drive with:

# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt

if /dev/hdc is the block device of your cd rom (you can dselect give this
blck device, too). "hd" means IDE controller, "c" is for master on second
bus. "a" is master on first, "b" reso "d" are the slaves on the first resp
second bus.

You can find the content of the cdrom in the /mnt directory after mounting.

Bye,
Marcus