Re: misc questions: screen, version notation

On Wed, Jan 08, 1997 at 11:17:42PM -0600, Asher Haig wrote:
> G. Crimp, ye416@freenet.victoria.bc.ca on 1/8/98 10:51 PM
>
> >	I am in an interrogative mood this evening.  There are two things
> >that have often caught my eye when cruising the dselect selection
> >browser.  The screen package is one.  From the description it seems to
> >me to be pretty much the same thing as the virtual terminals that come
> >part and parcel with Linux.  Are they the same, or do they provide
> >something the VT's don't ?
>
> Screen is more for over telnet sessions etc. It also provides the ability
> to detach (either great, or evil, depending on who you ask) screens and
> resume them later.

I have a DEC vt420 terminal hooked up and the screen package allows me to do
virtual terminals on that (including cut&paste between the terminals) :-)

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS