Re: LILO only says LI 01 01 01 01...

According to  <niall@mail.bc.rogers.wave.ca>:
> My experiences with this indicate that LILO CANNOT configure itself
> on any except the first logical drive.  I didn't experiment with it,
> but since removeable media (jaz drive) can be /dev/sda that made
> my hard drive /dev/sdb.  When I tried to make lilo insert itself
> under these conditions I got exactly the response you have described.
>  I believe this is a bug in LILO, but I haven't tried to confirm it.

Hm, on my other Debian box I got 2 SCSI drives and no IDE.  Linux
is installed on the second drive (sdb) and everything works as
expected.  Lilo issues a warning that it's not installed on the
first (logical) drive, but that's intended and okay.

I guess, you're right that this is a bug in Lilo, but apparently
it only happens when IDE and SCSI are mixed.  Any comments anyone?

Bye,
 Andy.
 Andy Spiegl, University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
 E-Mail: spiegl@Appl-Math.TU-Muenchen.de OR: Andy.Spiegl@WriteMe.com
 PGP fingerprint: B8 48 24 7B DB 96 6F 1C  D9 6D 8E 6C DB C2 E7 E9