Installing Debian and setting up PCMCIA E-net
- To: "Debian Users" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Installing Debian and setting up PCMCIA E-net
- From: Asher Haig <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 97 14:00:57 -0600
- Message-id: <19971227195532625.AAA190@[184.108.40.206]>
I'm trying to install Debian after having Redhat installed on my system.
I've gone through the install, but I'm confused as to how I can make my
ethernet card work. The card is a PCMCIA 3-com 3c589a. It doesn't seem as
if there's any driver for it in the installer, and as far as using a
module to do it, I'm not real sure what to do.
When I try to install the PCMCIA packages (pcmcia-cs and the modules) the
modules tell me that the version of cs is too new, and cs tells me that
there are first: no modules, and second: that there are no PCMCIA devices
Would appreciate any help regarding how I can make this work.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .