getting started in Xwin (Help)

Hi
I am a compleate newbie to this whole linux thang(but am making some
progress - but not much), i have just recived the 'official' cd, and am
wondering about how to get this xwin thing to work. i have read loads of
docs (etc) but am having very little joy

can somebody please help me get xwin running on my system
	AMD 5x86 133mhz (486)
	Matrox Mystique II, 4mb
	unknown second hand ICL 14" monitor (no information)
	UK win95 keybd
	MS 'Home' 2 but mouse (the dark blue one!)

I am compleatly stuck, i have downloaded the matrox specific suse tgz
files, then install and run fine, but am still buggered (even when i think
everything is going well), can i install a basic vga version just to get me
started? if so how! help!

Rick

Email -> kitty5@dial.pipex.com
homepage -> http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/kitty5/
(Raytracing, 3D Animation and Emulation)