Re: Get this, Gateway2000's 'wonderful' tech support

Allen Burns <allenb@coffey.com> writes:

> I wrote a e-mail to gateway2000's tech support team asking them if Linux
> was compatible with my Promise Ultra 33 here is an EXACT copy of what was
> returned:
> Hello Allen,
> Thanks for your message. Unfortunatly, Linus has not been tested on any
> system that Gateway sells and therefore we off no support for that
> operating system. If the system works in the original operating system
> that we shipped, then that is what we support.
> Sorry for the inconvience,
> ----
> Notice the 'Linus' ?? What the h*ll was he somking? Crack?

Get real - frontline support will be trained to understand what the
majority of their users need or want.  Go off the beaten track - and
Linux has a way to go yet before it is a threat to the Windows market
share! - and you'll be on your own, at least with the majority of

I'm sure there are exceptions, if anyone wanted to be constructive
they could list them here.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .